Role Specification for Marketing Manager
About Fast Future
Fast Future delivers keynote speeches, presentations, and workshops to a global client base, and publishes books from future thinkers around the world exploring how developments such as artificial intelligence, robotics, and disruptive thinking could impact individuals, society, and business and create new trillion-dollar sectors. Fast Future has a particular focus on ensuring these advances are harnessed to unleash individual potential and ensure a very human future.
At Fast Future we believe in giving people the opportunity to shape our business and to experience work across all our activities. The role incorporates developing near to mid-term plans and executing marketing strategy through our social media channels, and maintaining content on our website.
As well as possessing the competencies to deliver the tasks outlined below, you will be curious – especially about the future - flexible in the roles you undertake, and possess a desire to learn as we grow. You will be articulate, numerate, capable of managing your time effectively, working on your own initiative but also collaborative in engaging with other team members.
We operate remotely so you will work mostly from home with meetings in the London area, and have access to and be familiar with on line communication and collaboration tools including Skype, DropBox, and WhatsApp. You will also be experienced and competent in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
We anticipate that the role will evolve as we grow and our strategy changes, but you will also be able to influence how the role will evolve. We envisage that the role will include the following tasks:
- Planning promotional campaigns based on existing FFP content
- Published books, books under development, articles
- Planning promotional campaigns around book launches and FFP events
- Developing messaging to accompany the content
- Assessment and recommendation of presence on other social media platforms
Social Media Execution
- Reviewing PR coverage and creating engaging posts to demonstrate the coverage we receive
- Posting of marketing messages on social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Utilising FFP, RT, and SW social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Posting content to reflect our global markets; UK / Europe, USA, Asia
- Lead on the redevelopment and ongoing maintenance of the website, including liaison with external contractor(s)
- Regular review and maintenance of futures and organisational content on fastfuture.com
- Review of content and posting to our blog
- Researching potential customers in targeted business sectors
- Implemented direct sales campaigns into targeted market sectors
- Conducting follow up with potential customers
- Close liaison with team members on the tasks outlined above
- Participation in weekly business meetings (Skype) including updates to the team of your activities
- Regular in-person catch ups and other meetings in London
- Participation in other projects as required
If you are interested please email Steve Wells with a few paragraphs explaining why the role appeals to you and your initial thoughts on how you'd approach it:
Tel: +44 (0)7887 625310